Acentrus Specialty creates a more direct relationship between specialty drug manufacturers and select health systems that are trusted by prescribers and patients to deliver complex treatments locally, conduct clinical trials and report results.
Acentrus participants include many of the nation’s most sophisticated academic medical centers and integrated delivery systems where key opinion leaders practice. Acentrus gives these institutions—and other leading hospitals and systems—access to services and support that help them partner with pharmaceutical companies more effectively. Acentrus qualifies and presents eligible health systems who can meet clinical, operational, and data eligibility requirements set by the manufacturer to the manufacturer for the opportunity of product access; the manufacturer remains the ultimate gatekeeper.
By integrating medical and pharmacy care, the Acentrus health system-centered approach to specialty pharmacy gives manufacturers significant advantages.
- More new patient starts
- Decreased time to initiate therapy
- Lowered abandonment rate
- Greatly improved adherence and appropriate use
- Fewer medication-related complications
- Active teamwork and transparency between physicians and pharmacists
- Shared use of a single electronic medical record by the care team
- Meaningful in-clinic discussions with patient and care givers on medication use
Acentrus clients by the numbers
Number of hospitals
Number of physicians
Number of employees
Providing data to manufacturers
Easy-to-submit data mart enables health systems to provide data that meets manufacturer requirements.
FULL DATA SUBMISSIONS
Data is submitted by all network participants including data for prescriptions filled by contract pharmacies.
PATIENT HEALTH INFORMATION-COMPLIANT PROCESSES
Fully compliant processes protect PHI during inbound and outbound data sharing, as well as internal data processing.
ROBUST DATA CAPABILITIES AND MANAGEMENT
- Data intake
- Formatting and data validation through rules
- Quality check and assurance
- De-identification and tokenization
- Further verification through benchmarking
- Aggregation and submission to manufacturer
- Comprehensive data sets including:
- Case Management
- EMR (structured and unstructured)